Saturday, December 10, 2011

Let`s Get It Started!

I've finally lost my blog virginity.

I've always wanted to create a blog, the problem was I didn't think I had anything interesting enough worth blogging about. I felt being limited to my facebook status updates and posting videos, pics and websites on my facebook page was satisfying enough. However, I`ve been inspired by my PR & Digital Media class, where I learn all about utilizing the means of communication that are at our disposal online. Props to the instructor, Nikki Van Dusen, who has inspired me to not only create a blog, but to attempt to apply the best web writing practices that I learned about throughout the semester in her enjoyable and entertaining classes (even though they started at 8am).

When deciding what to blog about, I identified the common themes for my motivaton to post things on my facebook page: my posts were usually about something that made me smile, laugh or just overall feel good and I wanted to share that feeling. So I thought, why not create a blog around that? Some days I have so much I want to share that I feel I`m diluting my facebook page if I post everything on there. Instead I thought it would be great to have a place to collect all sorts of warm fuzzy things I come across, especially during these depressing winter months. Thus my Happy Daze blog was born. It`s just here to bring a smile to your face, give you something to laugh about, possibly provide some inspiration and hopefully warm the heart of anyone who takes the time to visit.

Enjoy!


    Lauren xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Spreading a happy, fuzzy feeling is always a worthwhile cause. So glad you started a blog and I will FOR SURE be following you :)
    Best of luck, pretty lady!
    -Kassia

    ReplyDelete