Good, because I missed you too.
I have no excuse for neglecting my blog that I was so excited to start back in December. But I'm back and I promise not to go so long without a post ever again. It's not like I don't have anything to talk about - the problem is that I have too much to talk about!
Quick update: School is officially over - no more classes or assignments ever again (or at least until I decide to go back for my Masters). I'm now working in a Communications position. I love my job! Each day I fall a little more in love with the field of Communications, Public Relations and Marketing. I'm beyond enthused that I found a career I can truly be passionate about and enjoy the work I do every day.
What sorts of fun events am I referring to?
Well, last weekend was North Country Fair (NCF) - only the best music festival of my life. This was my third year going. It's like a mini-Woodstock in my eyes. Anything goes, everyone is so happy, and there's rockin' music all hours of the day and night. Each year I go I manage to convert a few more NCF virgins to NCF lovers.
Some (personal) highlights of the weekend included:
- Participating in the flow yoga class outside on the grass on a sunny morning
- Having all my friends (new and old) sing Happy Birthday to me before sharing some delicious cake
- Smoking shisha in the Moroccan wedding tent at 3am while the rain cascaded outside
- Blowing bubbles by the river on a sunny afternoon
- Dancing to dehydration (no jokes) on Friday night to The Boom Booms and then The Mad Bomber Society
- Starting up a jam/dance session on the secret stage as the rain poured
- Discovering some amazing bands and performers (Picture The Ocean, Valdy) and seeing some of my favourites (Michael Dunn & The Moanin' After, Up On Cripple Creek)
- Lunch at Boston Pizza on the way home, looking like a bunch of dirty hippies and scaring the server
It's all these incredible experiences that make me love the fair more each year. If you've never been, I highly recommend it.
Our crazy crew, revving up for one wicked weekend.
I'm sad that NCF is over, but the summer has just begun! There are so many festivals to look forward to:
Calgary Stampede - Starts next weekend! My friend, Nathan, is playing his dobro there on the last weekend.
Capital Ex - Tons of awesome rides, and amazing performers, such as Sam Roberts, Mother Mother & Beatlemania!
Edmonton Folk Fest - Bonnie Raitt AND Mary Chapin Carpenter! I am so pumped.
Fringe Festival - No idea what the plays will be yet, but I am eagerly anticipating catching as many as possible!
And many more festivals!
Get out and enjoy the summer, feel the sunshine and embrace the wicked city we live in :)
Oh, and Happy Canada Day! Lookin' good for 145, Canada!
Photographer, Jacob Bos, captures the true beauty of our city